One of the most important roles a Board of Directors can play in an organization is to ensure there is a Strategic Plan in place to give vision, guidance and clarity to the work to be undertaken. Following a five (5) year plan that was approved in 2014, the Board of Directors in 2019 undertook to lead a review of the plan and evolve a new Strategic Plan based on the current needs in Child Welfare.
Through consultation and engagement with the community, staff and service recipients, the Board of Directors approved a new Strategic Plan for 2020-2023. The vision and mission developed in 2014 remained unchanged, but the values of the organization were updated and now include definitions. Three (3) new Strategic Pillars were developed with accompanying priorities.
Engaging families and the community to protect and support children, youth and young adults.
Families and communities that thrive.
- Child and Youth Centred
- Family Focused
- Together with Partners
- Strength Based and Informed Practice
- Integrity and Accountability
- Equity and Inclusion
Our Commitment to Service Responsiveness
- We will provide equitable and consistent services that are inclusive of the voice of children, youth, young adults, families and communities.
Our Commitment to Community Partnerships and Collaboration
- We will create dynamic services that responds to the diverse needs of children, youth, young adults and families by courageously leading and facilitating active collaboration with the community.
People are our Greatest Strength
- We will be an inclusive and interconnected workplace, where strengths and contributions of all are invited, valued and celebrated.
A copy of the KHCAS 2020-2023 Strategic Plan may be obtained by clicking on the following link: Strategic Plan