If you have concerns about a child please call 705.743.9751 or 1.800.661.2843
Safe Kids. Strong Families. Thriving Communities
- Contact the KHCAS to apply to become a foster parent via telephone at 1-800-661-2843 ext. 1221.
- Someone will contact you to answer any questions you may have and begin the application process.
- An application is sent to the you.
- The application is detailed and requires both parties to respond to the questions.
- A KHCAS records check is required for all persons over the age of 18 living in the prospective foster family home.
- A criminal record check is required for all those over the age of 18 living in the home.
- Five references must be provided by the applicant(s) to support the application to foster.
- Medical references must be provided by each applicant and followed up by a medical examination indicating the applicants are able to care for a child or youth.
- Once an application is received, a worker will contact applicants to register for 27 hours of pre-service training.
- An assessment process will begin to determine how you can best help.
Updates from Kawartha Haliburton CAS
KHCAS Board Member Recruitment - applications invited!
KHCAS seeks individuals to serve on the KHCAS BOARD OF DIRECTORS Do you have the passion and interest to sit as a volunteer member ...
PALS Network presents Effects of Caregiving on Caregiver's Children - May 28 from 6-8pm, Durham CAS (Oshawa)
Join us as the PALS Adoption Support Group presents: Effects of Caregiving on Caregiver’s Children: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 6-8pm Durham CAS, 1320 Airport ...
KHCAS Offices closed Friday, April 19 and Monday, April 22
The KHCAS Offices located in Peterborough, Lindsay and Haliburton will be closed Friday, April 19 and Monday, April 22. If you have concerns about a ...
PALS Network presents Understanding Developmental Trauma – May 7 from 6-8pm, Therapeutic Family Care, Cobourg
Join us as the PALS Adoption Support Group presents: Understanding Developmental Trauma. Tuesday, May 7, 2019 6-8pm Therapeutic Family Care 200A Division Street, Unit ...
We are proud members of the following organizations