If you have concerns about a child please call 705.743.9751 or 1.800.661.2843
Safe Kids. Strong Families. Thriving Communities
- Contact the KHCAS to apply to become a foster parent via telephone at 1-800-661-2843 ext. 1221.
- Someone will contact you to answer any questions you may have and begin the application process.
- An application is sent to the you.
- The application is detailed and requires both parties to respond to the questions.
- A KHCAS records check is required for all persons over the age of 18 living in the prospective foster family home.
- A criminal record check is required for all those over the age of 18 living in the home.
- Five references must be provided by the applicant(s) to support the application to foster.
- Medical references must be provided by each applicant and followed up by a medical examination indicating the applicants are able to care for a child or youth.
- Once an application is received, a worker will contact applicants to register for 27 hours of pre-service training.
- An assessment process will begin to determine how you can best help.
Updates from Kawartha Haliburton CAS
PALS Network Presents: Attachment and Related Trauma - Tuesday, Nov 6
Join us for a PALS Network session on Attachment and Related Trauma – Tuesday, November 6 from 6pm to 8pm at Highland Shores Children’s Aid, 363 ...
Dress Purple Day on October 24 for Kids' Rights - October 17, 2018
On Wednesday, October 24, 2018, communities across Ontario will DRESS PURPLE to show their commitment to children’s rights to safety and well-being. On Dress Purple Day we acknowledge ...
PALS Network presents: Attachment and Related Trauma - Tuesday, October 2
Join us for a PALS Network session on Attachment and Related Trauma – Tuesday, October 2 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at Edmison Heights Public School, 1100 ...
Orange Shirt Day - October 1, 2018
KHCAS will be honouring Orange Shirt Day on Monday, October 1. Orange Shirt Day is an opportunity for First Nations, local governments and organizations, schools and ...
We are proud members of the following organizations