If you have concerns about a child please call 705.743.9751 or 1.800.661.2843
Safe Kids. Strong Families. Thriving Communities
There are several things you can do to protect yourself and your children from sun damage:
- Wear sun-protective clothing and cover as much skin as possible
- Slop and Go: Use SPF 30 or higher sunscreen and reapply every 2 hours
- Be a mad-hatter: Always wear a hat
- Cool Shades: Wear CSA approved sunglasses and play in the shade
- Avoid direct sun exposure between 11am and 4pm when the sun is strongest
Summer heat and cars present extreme risks to children. It doesn’t take long for heat and stroke to set in.
- Never leave a child in a car, even with the windows down
- If you need to run an errand, take your child with you
- Look before you leave: search your vehicle, front and back, before you leave
- When you change your routine, or someone else drives your children, check in to make sure everyone has arrived at their destination
What can you do if you see a child in a hot car?
- Call 911: Don’t delay, call right away
- If the car is unlocked, open the doors and shade the child or remove the child safely from the car
- Provide information, location and license plate information
- Wait for police to arrive
If you have any questions, call the Kawartha-Haliburton Children’s Aid Society – 705 743-9751 or 1 800 661-2843
Updates from Kawartha Haliburton CAS
PALS NETWORK PRESENTS: Trauma Informed Yoga: Mindful Meditative Practice For Adoptive Parents and Kids
Join us as the PALS Adoption Support Group presents: Trauma Informed Yoga: Mindful Meditative Practice Tuesday, September 24, 2019 6-8 pm Durham CAS, ...
Board Member Recruitment
Do you have experience in Board Governance & Strategic Planning? Send in your application today! KHCAS seeks individuals to serve on the KHCAS BOARD ...
Children and Heat. Safety First.
Children and Heat. Safety First. Sun Safety: There are several things you can do to protect yourself and your children from sun damage: Wear ...
KHCAS Board Member Recruitment - applications invited!
KHCAS seeks individuals to serve on the KHCAS BOARD OF DIRECTORS Do you have the passion and interest to sit as a volunteer member ...
PALS Network presents Effects of Caregiving on Caregiver's Children - May 28 from 6-8pm, Durham CAS (Oshawa)
Join us as the PALS Adoption Support Group presents: Effects of Caregiving on Caregiver’s Children: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 6-8pm Durham CAS, 1320 Airport ...
KHCAS Offices closed Friday, April 19 and Monday, April 22
The KHCAS Offices located in Peterborough, Lindsay and Haliburton will be closed Friday, April 19 and Monday, April 22. If you have concerns about a ...
We are proud members of the following organizations