If you have concerns about a child please call 705.743.9751 or 1.800.661.2843
Safe Kids. Strong Families. Thriving Communities
There are several things you can do to protect yourself and your children from sun damage:
- Wear sun-protective clothing and cover as much skin as possible
- Slop and Go: Use SPF 30 or higher sunscreen and reapply every 2 hours
- Be a mad-hatter: Always wear a hat
- Cool Shades: Wear CSA approved sunglasses and play in the shade
- Avoid direct sun exposure between 11am and 4pm when the sun is strongest
Summer heat and cars present extreme risks to children. It doesn’t take long for heat and stroke to set in.
- Never leave a child in a car, even with the windows down
- If you need to run an errand, take your child with you
- Look before you leave: search your vehicle, front and back, before you leave
- When you change your routine, or someone else drives your children, check in to make sure everyone has arrived at their destination
What can you do if you see a child in a hot car?
- Call 911: Don’t delay, call right away
- If the car is unlocked, open the doors and shade the child or remove the child safely from the car
- Provide information, location and license plate information
- Wait for police to arrive
If you have any questions, call the Kawartha-Haliburton Children’s Aid Society – 705 743-9751 or 1 800 661-2843
Updates from Kawartha-Haliburton CAS
COVID-19 - 5 to 11 Year Olds
The Ministry announced the newly approved and available COVID-19 vaccine for 5 to 11 year olds. Please click on the links below for some ...
Media Release - 03/30/2020 - Kawartha Haliburton Children's Aid Society Responds to COVID-19
MEDIA RELEASE Kawartha-Haliburton Children’s Aid Society Responds to COVID-19 Kawartha-Haliburton Children’s Aid Society supports the Province’s decision to include Children’s Aid Societies in the ...
Statement for Community Partners re: Delivery of Service
March 30th, 2020 To Our Community Partners; In order to support the health and safety of all of our employees, foster parents, volunteers as ...
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Children's Aid Societies and Indigenous Child and Well Being Agencies Remain Open
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Children’s Aid Societies and Indigenous Child and Family Well-Being Agencies in Ontario ARE continuing their child protection services. We are NOT closed. ...
Foster Care & Adoption Information Session - Dec 3 2019 6-8pm
Come join us for a Foster Care & Adoption Information Session on December 3, 2019 from 6-8 pm – KHCAS Peterborough Office, 1100 Chemong ...
Invitation to Participate in Strategic Planning Survey
Invitation to Participate in Strategic Planning Survey: Youth, Service Users, Resources Families, Volunteers and Community Partners Kawartha-Haliburton Children’s Aid Society is planning for the ...
We are proud members of the following organizations