If you have concerns about a child please call 705.743.9751 or 1.800.661.2843
Safe Kids. Strong Families. Thriving Communities
There are several things you can do to protect yourself and your children from sun damage:
- Wear sun-protective clothing and cover as much skin as possible
- Slop and Go: Use SPF 30 or higher sunscreen and reapply every 2 hours
- Be a mad-hatter: Always wear a hat
- Cool Shades: Wear CSA approved sunglasses and play in the shade
- Avoid direct sun exposure between 11am and 4pm when the sun is strongest
Summer heat and cars present extreme risks to children. It doesn’t take long for heat and stroke to set in.
- Never leave a child in a car, even with the windows down
- If you need to run an errand, take your child with you
- Look before you leave: search your vehicle, front and back, before you leave
- When you change your routine, or someone else drives your children, check in to make sure everyone has arrived at their destination
What can you do if you see a child in a hot car?
- Call 911: Don’t delay, call right away
- If the car is unlocked, open the doors and shade the child or remove the child safely from the car
- Provide information, location and license plate information
- Wait for police to arrive
If you have any questions, call the Kawartha-Haliburton Children’s Aid Society – 705 743-9751 or 1 800 661-2843
Updates from Kawartha Haliburton CAS
KHCAS Offices closed Friday, April 19 and Monday, April 22
The KHCAS Offices located in Peterborough, Lindsay and Haliburton will be closed Friday, April 19 and Monday, April 22. If you have concerns about a ...
PALS Network presents Understanding Developmental Trauma – May 7 from 6-8pm, Therapeutic Family Care, Cobourg
Join us as the PALS Adoption Support Group presents: Understanding Developmental Trauma. Tuesday, May 7, 2019 6-8pm Therapeutic Family Care 200A Division Street, Unit ...
Foster Care and Adoption Information Session - Tuesday, April 23
Join us at an upcoming Foster Care and Adoption Information Session! Tuesday, April 23, 2019 6pm to 8pm Kawartha-Haliburton CAS 1100 Chemong Road, Peterborough ...
PALS Network presents Understanding Developmental Trauma – Apr 9 from 6:30-8:30pm, Edmison Heights Public School, Ptbo
Join us on Tuesday, April 9, 2019 as the PALS Adoption Support Group presents: Understanding Developmental Trauma. Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:30-8:30pm Edmison Heights ...
KHCAS Board Member Recruitment - applications invited prior to April 19 2019
KHCAS seeks individuals to serve on the KHCAS BOARD OF DIRECTORS Do you have the passion and interest to sit as a volunteer member ...
KHCAS Offices closed Monday, Feb 18 to recognize Family Day
The KHCAS Offices located in Peterborough, Lindsay and Haliburton will be closed Monday, February 18 in recognition of Family Day. If you have concerns about ...
We are proud members of the following organizations