If you have concerns about a child please call 705.743.9751 or 1.800.661.2843
Safe Kids. Strong Families. Thriving Communities
There are several things you can do to protect yourself and your children from sun damage:
- Wear sun-protective clothing and cover as much skin as possible
- Slop and Go: Use SPF 30 or higher sunscreen and reapply every 2 hours
- Be a mad-hatter: Always wear a hat
- Cool Shades: Wear CSA approved sunglasses and play in the shade
- Avoid direct sun exposure between 11am and 4pm when the sun is strongest
Summer heat and cars present extreme risks to children. It doesn’t take long for heat and stroke to set in.
- Never leave a child in a car, even with the windows down
- If you need to run an errand, take your child with you
- Look before you leave: search your vehicle, front and back, before you leave
- When you change your routine, or someone else drives your children, check in to make sure everyone has arrived at their destination
What can you do if you see a child in a hot car?
- Call 911: Don’t delay, call right away
- If the car is unlocked, open the doors and shade the child or remove the child safely from the car
- Provide information, location and license plate information
- Wait for police to arrive
If you have any questions, call the Kawartha-Haliburton Children’s Aid Society – 705 743-9751 or 1 800 661-2843
Updates from Kawartha Haliburton CAS
PALS Network Presents: Attachment and Related Trauma - Tuesday, Nov 6
Join us for a PALS Network session on Attachment and Related Trauma – Tuesday, November 6 from 6pm to 8pm at Highland Shores Children’s Aid, 363 ...
Dress Purple Day on October 24 for Kids' Rights - October 17, 2018
On Wednesday, October 24, 2018, communities across Ontario will DRESS PURPLE to show their commitment to children’s rights to safety and well-being. On Dress Purple Day we acknowledge ...
PALS Network presents: Attachment and Related Trauma - Tuesday, October 2
Join us for a PALS Network session on Attachment and Related Trauma – Tuesday, October 2 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm at Edmison Heights Public School, 1100 ...
Orange Shirt Day - October 1, 2018
KHCAS will be honouring Orange Shirt Day on Monday, October 1. Orange Shirt Day is an opportunity for First Nations, local governments and organizations, schools and ...
Test Post 2
Foster Care Adoption Info Session Oct 1
PALS Network Presents: Adolescent Depression and Self Harm
Join us on Tuesday, September 25 from 6 to 8pm at Durham CAS, 1320 Airport Boulevard, Oshawa for a PALS Network session on Adolescent ...
We are proud members of the following organizations