If you have concerns about a child please call 705.743.9751 or 1.800.661.2843
Safe Kids. Strong Families. Thriving Communities
There are several things you can do to protect yourself and your children from sun damage:
- Wear sun-protective clothing and cover as much skin as possible
- Slop and Go: Use SPF 30 or higher sunscreen and reapply every 2 hours
- Be a mad-hatter: Always wear a hat
- Cool Shades: Wear CSA approved sunglasses and play in the shade
- Avoid direct sun exposure between 11am and 4pm when the sun is strongest
Summer heat and cars present extreme risks to children. It doesn’t take long for heat and stroke to set in.
- Never leave a child in a car, even with the windows down
- If you need to run an errand, take your child with you
- Look before you leave: search your vehicle, front and back, before you leave
- When you change your routine, or someone else drives your children, check in to make sure everyone has arrived at their destination
What can you do if you see a child in a hot car?
- Call 911: Don’t delay, call right away
- If the car is unlocked, open the doors and shade the child or remove the child safely from the car
- Provide information, location and license plate information
- Wait for police to arrive
If you have any questions, call the Kawartha-Haliburton Children’s Aid Society – 705 743-9751 or 1 800 661-2843
Updates from Kawartha Haliburton CAS
Children and Heat. Safety First.
Sun Safety: There are several things you can do to protect yourself and your children from sun damage: Wear sun-protective clothing and cover as ...
KHCAS Apologizes to Children and Families of Hiawatha First Nation for Harmful Practices from the 60’s Scoop - May 31, 2018
On May 30, 2018, Hiawatha First Nation hosted a community event where the Kawartha-Haliburton Children’s Aid Society acknowledged and apologized for the harmful role that ...
PALS Network presents: Collaborative Treatment of Developmental Trauma
Join us on Tuesday, May 29 from 6 to 8pm at Durham CAS, 1320 Airport Boulevard, Oshawa for a FREE information session: Collaborative Treatment of ...
Foster Care and Adoption Information Session - Tuesday, June 12 from 6-8pm
Come join us at a Foster Care / Adoption Information Session to learn more about foster parenting and adoption. Tuesday, June 12, 2018 from ...
KHCAS Board Member Recruitment - Applications Invited!
The Kawartha-Haliburton Children’s Aid Society invites applications to become a Member of the BOARD OF DIRECTORS. The Board of Directors provides leadership and governance ...
PALS Network presents: Understanding Learning Disabilities
Join us on Tuesday, May 15 from 6 to 8pm at Therapeutic Family Care, 200 Division Street, Unit F, Cobourg for a FREE information ...
We are proud members of the following organizations